Please join us for a
Prayer Vigil for Prison Ministry
Saturday, October 26 – Sunday, October 27
Support this vital ministry from home or your home town!
Individuals and groups (youth groups, prayer groups, women’s and men’s groups) are invited to participate in a 24-hour prayer vigil and fundraiser for the Freedom in Christ Prison Ministry. We will join with others from around Montana and behind the walls of Montana State Prison to pray for the needs of the people and collect pledges to support this ministry.
What you will do:
- Individual participants:
- Sign up to spend one hour praying during the 24-hour vigil.
- When the time comes, you will receive a phone call from our calling chain.
- Pray at any location of your choice: your home, your church, your garden or…
- At the end of your hour, call the next person on the phone chain.
Gather pledges in honor of your participation which will go to support the Freedom in Christ Prison Ministry. You may use our GoFundMe website to send an email request to a potential supporter or a paper sign-up sheet. GoFundMe will handle the funds electronically. If you use a sign-up sheet, you are responsible for collecting donations and sending them in to Freedom in Christ.
- Groups participating:
- Share this information and let us know if your group will join us.
- Groups may choose to do the vigil at members’ homes or at the church. Youth groups are encouraged to consider having a “lock-in” overnight at church.
- Members of your group may collect pledges as described above, or you can raise funds as a group or donate from your treasury.
- Participants sign up for a time to pray. Ideally all time slots would be covered, but don’t worry if there “empty slots” – someone, somewhere will be praying!
- Groups will not be a part of the phone chain—you can organize yourselves as you like.
What we provide:
- Prayer resources to use during your prayer time, including scripture readings, music, prayer concerns and devotional materials.
- Calling Chain: who will be calling you and who you call next.
- Information on pledging through GoFundMe and paper pledge sheets with giving information.