Why be involved in prison ministry? There are many reasons and for each of us the reasons may be different. Here are few to think about:
- Christ commands us, in Matthew 25, to visit those in prison.
- We as Christians have a moral, ethical and Biblical imperative.
- The opportunitiy to be blessed and be a blessing.
- Help transform broken lives to ones that praise God and contributes to society.
- The revitalization of faith for individuals and congregations.
Cynthia Hanks, a visitor to a prison congregation summed it up this way:
I consider them my brothers in Blue and each one of them is dear to me, some I’ve become very well aquainted with and they bring so much joy and hope into my life. I come to share with them, they share with me and I go home far more blessed than I did when I came in.
There are many ways in which you can become involved in the prison congregation at Montana State Prison.
- First and foremost is lifting up the Freedom in Christ prison congregation in prayer.
- Become a member of our Circle of Freedom by donating to the prison congregation. Click here to learn more.
- Become a Covenant Partner! Click here to learn more.
- Volunteer. Click here to learn more.
- Like us on Facebook.
- Last, but not least, help spread the word about our prison congregation and ministry at the Montana State Prison in Deer Lodge. Tell your friends, tell your families. Share the news with your congregation and community!